Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Let the fun begin!

Welcome to the world of citizen media and the public sphere. I’m going to give you a little background about the creation and purpose of this blog. This blog is for an assignment for my fourth year seminar. Our class is required to create a blog that will discuss citizen media and new media and their social effects. What that exactly means has yet to be determined, and I’m sure that I am not the only one in the class who thinks so! Our class just started a couple of weeks ago and we are still all learning what some of the terms mean. Anyone who is not in the class who happens upon this blog, I have created a blog roll with all my classmates’ blogs. Feel free to check those out and compare what we are all saying about citizen media. It’s a learning experience for all of us and it is done in a way that I am sure no one has ever encountered in the four years at university, even in our program of communication studies. I’m really hoping this will be a great experience and will help me learn more about blogs, as well as getting more in depth about what we learn in class. I hope everyone enjoys my take on citizen media! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment